Did our video make you hungry for sushi? Forgot to make dinner reservations for Valentine’s Day? Don’t worry, we got you covered. Why not stay in and make sushi together? Making sushi rolls is easy and fun. Just follow our recipe for a different and delicious dinner date!
A. 3 cups rice (washed)
3 cups water
B. ½ cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons salt
C. sashimi grade fish
tobiko/flying fish roe
(all optional, substitute with desired fillings)
D. 9 seaweed sheets
E. Sushi rolling mat (optional but makes it easier)
1. Pour A into a pot. Cook on high heat and stir. When the water boils, lower the heat and cover the pot. The rice will be done in about 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Put B into a small pot and mix on medium heat. Pour the mixture on the rice and stir well with a wooden spoon. Let the rice cool down to room temperature.
3. Cut C into long thin strips. For the salmon, cut with the grain of the muscle of the fish to have smooth bites.
4. You’re ready to roll!
5. Put some rice on the seaweed and flatten it with the spoon. You want to leave some space at one end to close the roll. Place the ingredients on the rice.
6. Roll the sushi. Press firmly as you roll.
7. Take a sharp knife and cut the roll into smaller pieces.
8. You’re done! Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger.
Enjoy and please send us a photo